Who should not use bacitracin?

To prevent any harmful drug interactions, consult your doctor before using bacitracin if you have underlying health conditions for which you are taking other medications. If you have kidney failure, you should not receive this drug intramuscularly. If you are pregnant, you should not use bacitracin without first checking with your doctor. Do not use bacitracin on the very young or elderly without instructions from a doctor.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...