Who should not use bacitracin?

To prevent any harmful drug interactions, consult your doctor before using bacitracin if you have underlying health conditions for which you are taking other medications. If you have kidney failure, you should not receive this drug intramuscularly. If you are pregnant, you should not use bacitracin without first checking with your doctor. Do not use bacitracin on the very young or elderly without instructions from a doctor.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
Why must I take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if I have an implant?
James P. Gurtowski, MDJames P. Gurtowski, MD
Antibiotics are important to prevent infection of an orthopaedic implant after dental procedures, be...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...