Who should not take Zyvox?

If you have taken MAO inhibitors within the past 14 days, you should not take Zyvox, as this could cause life-threatening side effects. You should also not take Zyvox if you are taking certain antidepressants or are allergic to linezolid. Zyvox is not recommended if you have high blood pressure that is untreated, a severe thyroid disorder, certain tumors, or a catheter-site or catheter-related bloodstream infection. Talk to your doctor about any medications and medical conditions before taking Zyvox.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...