Who should not take Zyvox?

If you have taken MAO inhibitors within the past 14 days, you should not take Zyvox, as this could cause life-threatening side effects. You should also not take Zyvox if you are taking certain antidepressants or are allergic to linezolid. Zyvox is not recommended if you have high blood pressure that is untreated, a severe thyroid disorder, certain tumors, or a catheter-site or catheter-related bloodstream infection. Talk to your doctor about any medications and medical conditions before taking Zyvox.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...