Who should not take Zyvox?

If you have taken MAO inhibitors within the past 14 days, you should not take Zyvox, as this could cause life-threatening side effects. You should also not take Zyvox if you are taking certain antidepressants or are allergic to linezolid. Zyvox is not recommended if you have high blood pressure that is untreated, a severe thyroid disorder, certain tumors, or a catheter-site or catheter-related bloodstream infection. Talk to your doctor about any medications and medical conditions before taking Zyvox.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...