Who should not take sulfamethoxazole, trimethoprim, phenazopyridine?

Do not take Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Phenazopyridine, or Zotrim, if you are pregnant, breast feeding, or expect to become pregnant unless instructed by your doctor. This medication is not approved for use in children. It may increase risk of liver or kidney disease and skin reactions or bone marrow suppression in elderly patients. If you are allergic to any of the medication’s ingredients or have had an allergic reaction to sulfonamide in the past, do not take this medication. Zotrim should not be confused with the weight loss drug Zotrim.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...