Who should not take Ketek?

People with myasthenia gravis should absolutely not take Ketek; the side effects can be extremely severe and possibly fatal. You should also avoid Ketek if you have a history of liver problems. Other potential conditions that affect the use of Ketek include: kidney disease, low potassium or magnesium or heart problems, such as abnormal rhythm or long QT syndrome. The effects of Ketek on pregnant women and developing fetuses are not known. You should be cautious about taking Ketek if you have ever had an allergic reaction to other antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...