Who should not take Cubicin?

If you have an allergy to Cubicin (daptomycin), you should not take it. Those taking certain blood thinners or medicines to lower cholesterol should talk to their doctor about starting on Cubicin while on these drugs, due to potential unwanted interactions. Children under a year of age shouldn't be given Cubicin, because there is a potential risk of problems involving the muscles or nerves. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...