Who should not take Cubicin?

If you have an allergy to Cubicin (daptomycin), you should not take it. Those taking certain blood thinners or medicines to lower cholesterol should talk to their doctor about starting on Cubicin while on these drugs, due to potential unwanted interactions. Children under a year of age shouldn't be given Cubicin, because there is a potential risk of problems involving the muscles or nerves. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
What is an antibiotic?
Dr. Ronald G. Glass, DDSDr. Ronald G. Glass, DDS
An antibiotic is a substance (usually a drug) that either inhibited growth or kills a germ. In order...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...