Who should not use clindamycin phosphate?

People who have colitis, intestinal swelling or allergies to the ingredients in clindamycin phosphate should not use it. Breastfeeding women should stop nursing while using clindamycin phosphate. Additionally, pregnant women should talk with their doctors about the risks of taking or using clindamycin phosphate before doing so. Parents of children under 12 years of age should do the same.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...