Who should not use clindamycin phosphate?

People who have colitis, intestinal swelling or allergies to the ingredients in clindamycin phosphate should not use it. Breastfeeding women should stop nursing while using clindamycin phosphate. Additionally, pregnant women should talk with their doctors about the risks of taking or using clindamycin phosphate before doing so. Parents of children under 12 years of age should do the same.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...