Who should not take neomycin sulfate?

You should not take neomycin sulfate if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Also, tell your doctor if you have had an allergic reaction to this or other medicines. You may not be able to take the medication if you have any of the following conditions: intestinal blockage, kidney disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, other bowel diseases, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, other neuromuscular problems, ear problems that cause loss of balance or hearing loss, or stomach ulcers or other stomach problems.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...