Who should not take kanamycin?

Anyone who is allergic to kanamycin or related drugs (gentamicin, tobramycin) should not receive it. It should be avoided by pregnant women. People with pre-existing hearing problems, nerve damage or kidney failure, should receive kanamycin only under close monitoring.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...