Who should not take Cleocin I.V.?

If you have colitis, kidney or liver disease you should not receive Cleocin I.V. without alerting your doctor first. Women should avoid this drug during the first trimester of pregnancy, since its safety at this point in pregnancy is unknown. Nursing mothers also need to be aware that this drug passes through breast milk and could harm an infant. Caution should be used when given to the elderly since they may be more sensitive to the side effects, especially diarrhea. Also, it is important to discuss any allergies you may have with your doctor prior to taking this medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue ?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
should i give my child antibiotics for a viral infection ?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis ?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
how do antibiotics affect good bacteria ?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...