Who should not take Cleocin I.V.?

If you have colitis, kidney or liver disease you should not receive Cleocin I.V. without alerting your doctor first. Women should avoid this drug during the first trimester of pregnancy, since its safety at this point in pregnancy is unknown. Nursing mothers also need to be aware that this drug passes through breast milk and could harm an infant. Caution should be used when given to the elderly since they may be more sensitive to the side effects, especially diarrhea. Also, it is important to discuss any allergies you may have with your doctor prior to taking this medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...