When should I take antibiotics?

You should take antibiotics to treat bacterial infections if your doctor prescribes them. It is very difficult for patients to determine when they might need antibiotics. A trained healthcare provider can only determine this. With that said, when you are prescribed an antibiotic, it is important that you take them as prescribed.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...