When should my child take antibiotics?

Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections. It is very difficult for parents to determine when their child might need antibiotics. A trained healthcare provider can only determine this. With that said, when your child is prescribed an antibiotic, it is important that he or she take them as prescribed.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...