When can I stop taking Dificid?

As with all antibiotics, you should continue to take Dificid (fidaxomicin) for the full course of treatment, usually 10 days. This antibiotic specifically targets the Clostridium difficile (C. difficile) bacteria that can cause severe diarrhea. You may feel better within a few days of taking Dificid, but it's important that you take it for the full course of treatment. Otherwise, your diarrhea may return; it's also possible that you may develop Dificid-resistant bacteria, so that if you become infected with C. difficile again, Dificid may not be effective for you.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

should i give my child antibiotics for an ear infection ?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...
what are common side effects of antibiotics ?
Common side effects of antibiotics are nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, rashes and al...
should antibiotics be banned in animal feed ?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
is there a generic version of baciguent ( bacitracin) ?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...