When should I call my doctor if I am taking Dificid?

If you're taking Dificid (fidaxomicin) to treat diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile, you should call your doctor if your diarrhea does not start to get better within a few days. And because Dificid can cause serious side effects, you also should let your doctor know if you experience any of these symptoms: weakness, fatigue, dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, chest pain, a fast, pounding heartbeat, pale skin, cold hands and feet, stomach cramps, bright red blood in vomit, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, black tar-like stools, bright red stools or a fever, sore throat, chills or other signs of infection. Signs of a serious allergic reaction include trouble breathing, itching and swelling of the face, mouth or throat. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Triple antibiotic agents are usually creams or ointments that contain 3 antimicrobial agents. The id...