What are symptoms of infection from being injected with colistimethate?

Even though colistimethate (Coly-Mycin M Parenteral) is an injected antibiotic, there could be some complications with the injection site, including infection. Colistimethate needs to be injected in the vein (intravenously), and sometimes the location can become irritated, tender, swollen, painful, infected, and might have drainage. If this happens, you should immediately tell your doctor or nurse. The injection site will probably be changed to a different location on your body.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics cure Lyme disease?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Two key points about Lyme disease:Active Lyme disease can persist after antibiotic therapy.Active Ly...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
The American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines recommend antibiotics before going to the dentist fo...