What are symptoms of infection from daptomycin (Cubicin)?

Even though daptomycin (Cubicin) is an injected antibiotic, there could be some complications with the injection site, including infection. Daptomycin needs to be injected in the vein, and sometimes the location can become irritated, tender, swollen, painful, infected and might or might not have drainage. If this happens, tell your doctor or nurse immediately. They will change the injection site to a different location on your body.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...