What are the side effects of demeclocycline (Declomycin)?

There may be some common side effects of the antibiotic demeclocycline (Declomycin). If any of the following symptoms get worse or do not go away, call your doctor:

• Changes in skin color
  • Diarrhea
  • Itching of the rectum or vagina
  • Sore mouth

Any of these other serious side effects should also prompt you to call your doctor right away:

• Severe headaches
  • Blurred vision
  • Skin rash
  • Redness of the skin (sunburn)
  • Hives
  • Yellowing of the skin or eyes
  • Itching
  • Dark-colored urine
  • Light-colored bowel movements
  • Loss of appetite
  • Upset stomach
  • Vomiting
  • Stomach pain
  • Extreme tiredness or weakness
  • Confusion
  • Decreased urination

Call 911 for:

• difficulty breathing or swallowing

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...