What are the side effects of Bacitracin?

The side effects of Bacitracin are few and relatively minor. Some people may experience rash, itching, swelling or redness on the skin. Other side effects may indicate an allergic reaction. They include: red and scaly areas on the skin; hoarseness; tightness in the chest; dizziness; lightheadedness; swelling in the face, throat, eyes, feet, hands or legs; and difficulty breathing. If you develop any of these side effects, stop using bacitracin and contact your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical attention.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...
How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...