What are the side effects of amikacin?

Some side effects of amikacin include: unusual thirst, loss of appetite, rash, paleness, kidney impairment or nausea and vomiting. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: trouble breathing, facial and throat swelling, hives or rash. They require emergency medical assistance. Also, seek emergency care if you stop urinating or severely decrease the amount that you urinate, have trouble hearing or begin to hear a ringing sound, become dizzy or unstable, experience severe stomach cramps or watery diarrhea, begin to feel numb or tingly or if your muscles start twitching and you experience a seizure.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...