What are the side effects of kanamycin?

The most common side effects of kanamycin are diarrhea and nausea. There may be pain, swelling or red skin at the injection site. Allergic reactions to kanamycin are possible. In this case the side effects might include: a rash, itchiness, problems breathing or swelling in the head or throat. If you experience any of these symptoms, seek immediate medical attention. Other potentially serious side effects include: hearing loss, problems or changes when urinating, dizziness, weakness, lightheadedness, loss of sensation, ringing in the ears and vaginal irritation or discharge. These symptoms require immediate medical care.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...
Can antibiotics treat cholesteatoma?
Often, ear infections occur with cholesteatoma, and antibiotics are frequently used to treat those i...