What are side effects for daptomycin (Cubicin)?

Daptomycin (Cubicin) is an antibiotic injected in the vein by a qualified medical professional, such as a doctor or nurse. So you will be monitored closely. Side effects include:

• Dizziness
  • Extreme feelings of exhaustion or tiredness
  • Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
  • Pale skin
  • Mental confusion
  • Muscle weakness or pain
  • Numbness, burning or tingling in the hands or feet
  • Severe diarrhea with bloody or watery bowel movements (may occur up to two months after treatment)
  • Shortness of breath, wheezing or any problems breathing

Other less serious side effects may be more common. Some of these might resolve on their own.

• Constipation or diarrhea
  • Headaches
  • Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
  • If you notice unusual or increased sweating
  • Nausea and/or vomiting
  • Redness, pain or swelling at the injection site
  • Stomach pain
  • Unusual weight gain

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...