What are the side effects of Cleocin I.V.?

Some people have reported a metallic taste after high doses of Cleocin I.V. Some other problems that may occur include:

• antibiotic-related colitis
  • severe inflammation of the colon lining
  • stomach pain
  • nausea and vomiting

Itching and redness are additional side effects. Jaundice and other abnormalities have been reported with this treatment. Renal dysfunction also has been observed. Pain and sterile abscesses have been reported around the injection site. In rare instances, polyarthritis, cardiopulmonary arrest, and hypotension (low blood pressure) have been reported.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can antibiotics cause extreme thirst and a white tongue?
Antibiotics can suppress your good bacteria and lead to a yeast infection and give you a white tongu...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...