What are the side effects of Cleocin I.V.?

Some people have reported a metallic taste after high doses of Cleocin I.V. Some other problems that may occur include:

• antibiotic-related colitis
  • severe inflammation of the colon lining
  • stomach pain
  • nausea and vomiting

Itching and redness are additional side effects. Jaundice and other abnormalities have been reported with this treatment. Renal dysfunction also has been observed. Pain and sterile abscesses have been reported around the injection site. In rare instances, polyarthritis, cardiopulmonary arrest, and hypotension (low blood pressure) have been reported.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How do antibiotics work?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Antibiotics kill single-cell organisms called bacteria. If bacteria make it past our immune systems ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...