What should I know about clindamycin?

Like many other antibiotics, clindamycin may cause serious side effects. However, clindamycin is more likely than most other antibiotics to cause a potentially life-threatening case of colitis. This illness occurs when the large intestine becomes inflamed. It can cause diarrhea, fatigue, pain in the midsection, bleeding from the rectum and other symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms while taking clindamycin, tell your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
It is important to complete your antibiotic course as prescribed. This prevents the infection fr...