What is quinupristin-dalfopristin?

Quinupristin-dalfopristin -- available under the brand name Synercid -- is a prescription antibiotic used to treat serious bacterial infections of the skin or blood. Quinupristin-dalfopristin is an injectable medication often used to treat bacterial infections that are resistant to other antibiotics. Quinupristin-dalfopristin works by preventing bacteria from producing proteins they need to survive.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What types of infections can antibiotics treat?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antibiotics are medicines that only treat bacterial infections. Different medicines kill different t...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...