What is piperacillin and tazobactam injection?

Piperacillin and tazobactam injection (Zosyn) is an antibiotic medication that fights bacteria in the body. Piperacillin and tazobactam injection treats infections of the skin, intestines, urinary tract, lungs, bones, joints and stomach. It also may be used to treat severe infections in the vagina. Piperacillin and tazobactam is available only by prescription and is usually administered by a medical professional.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...