What should I know about kanamycin before taking it?

Kanamycin is a powerful antibiotic. It prevents bacteria from producing certain proteins that they need to live. Kanamycin has the potential to interact with a large quantity of medications, so make sure to tell your doctor about all of the medications, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and supplements you are using, before taking it. You should make sure to drink plenty of water while receiving kanamycin. Tell your doctor if you're suffering from myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, nerve damage or kidney failure, as you may not be able to take this drug safely.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...