What is Zyvox?

Zyvox is an antibiotic. It is used to treat serious infections caused by bacteria, such as pneumonia, skin infections, and other infections that have not responded to other antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. It is not effective for viral infections. Zyvox is in a class of drugs called oxazolidinones. It is administered intravenously or orally.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...