What is Tobrex?

Tobrex is an ophthalmic antibiotic that is available as an ointment or solution and is used to treat bacterial eye infections. The antibiotic contained in Tobrex is tobramycin. Tobrex treats bacterial eye infections only, and should not be used for viral or fungal eye infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...