What is tobramycin ophthalmic ointment?

Tobramycin ophthalmic ointment is a prescription antibiotic medication used to treat eye infections that are caused by bacteria. It works by killing the underlying bacteria causing the infection. The generic name of the medicine is tobramycin ophthalmic ointment, and is available under the brand name Tobrex. Your doctor might give you an additional medicine or eye drops to use with tobramycin ophthalmic ointment.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...