What is tobramycin ophthalmic ointment?

Tobramycin ophthalmic ointment is a prescription antibiotic medication used to treat eye infections that are caused by bacteria. It works by killing the underlying bacteria causing the infection. The generic name of the medicine is tobramycin ophthalmic ointment, and is available under the brand name Tobrex. Your doctor might give you an additional medicine or eye drops to use with tobramycin ophthalmic ointment.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

do i need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick , green or yellow ?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
do antibiotic ointments have any side effects ?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...
how does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs ?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
should antibiotics be banned in animal feed ?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...