What is tobramycin?

Tobramycin, also known by the brand name Nebcin, is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat serious bacterial infections. It is effective against particular strains of bacteria, and works by targeting and killing those bacteria. It is available by prescription only and is usually administered as an injection by a doctor or nurse in the hospital or doctor's office. It can, however, be self-administered if a person is properly shown how to do so by a healthcare professional.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis ?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
what are common side effects of antibiotics ?
Common side effects of antibiotics are nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, rashes and al...
should i give my child antibiotics for a viral infection ?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
do i need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick , green or yellow ?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...