What is Tobi?

Tobi (tobramycin inhalation solution) is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat lung infections associated with cystic fibrosis. Cystic fibrosis causes the airways of the lungs to become congested with mucus and can result in breathing difficulties and lung infections. Tobi, which is inhaled using a nebulizer, works by killing the bacteria that causes the infections and improves breathing ability. It is effective only against bacterial infections, not viral infections such as colds or flu. Tobi is only available by prescription.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How do antibiotics work?
Each type of antibiotic targets a specific aspect of a bacteria's life by interfering with either th...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...