What is neomycin sulfate?

Neomycin sulfate is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infections and hepatic coma. Neomycin sulfate comes in a tablet or solution, both of which are taken orally. The medication is only available by prescription.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
What types of infections can antibiotics treat?
Here’s a general guide to when antibiotics are and aren’t warranted. Antibiotics can treat bacteria...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...