What is clindamycin?

Clindamycin is an antibiotic, which is a drug that destroys bacteria. Although your body needs some form of bacteria to stay healthy, other forms produce infections that cause illness. Most doctors only prescribe clindamycin for treating serious infections that have not responded well to other antibiotic drugs.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

should antibiotics be banned in animal feed ?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
why must i take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if i have an implant ?
If you've had an implant, it's essential that you take antibiotics before you go to the dentist....
can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools ?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
is there a generic version of baciguent ( bacitracin) ?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...