What is Cleocin Vaginal Ovules?

Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MD
Cleocin Vaginal Ovules are a vaginal suppository formulation of clindamycin containing 100mg of Clindamycin in each ovule. This medication is used in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. Each ovule is inserted vaginally once nightly for 3 consecutive nights. This shortened treatment option for bacterial vaginosis has been very effective and well tolerated in non-pregnant women.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

how can i safely take antibiotics ?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools ?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
is there a generic version of baciguent ( bacitracin) ?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
what should i know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them ?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...