What is Cleocin Vaginal Ovules?

Farzanna S. Haffizulla, MD
Cleocin Vaginal Ovules are a vaginal suppository formulation of clindamycin containing 100mg of Clindamycin in each ovule. This medication is used in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. Each ovule is inserted vaginally once nightly for 3 consecutive nights. This shortened treatment option for bacterial vaginosis has been very effective and well tolerated in non-pregnant women.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
Antibiotics-when taken for viral infection-can actually have a negative effect by killing only the s...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...