What is Cleocin T?

Cleocin T is the brand name of a medication containing the active ingredient clindamycin phosphate. It is an antibiotic used topically to treat acne. It works by interfering with the growth of susceptible bacteria that are associated with acne. It is important that this drug be used exactly as prescribed, since most of the products contain alcohol and can cause severe drying of the skin if used excessively. Cleocin T is available as a solution, a lotion,a gel and a medicated pad called a pledget.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...