What is Cleocin T?

Cleocin T is the brand name of a medication containing the active ingredient clindamycin phosphate. It is an antibiotic used topically to treat acne. It works by interfering with the growth of susceptible bacteria that are associated with acne. It is important that this drug be used exactly as prescribed, since most of the products contain alcohol and can cause severe drying of the skin if used excessively. Cleocin T is available as a solution, a lotion,a gel and a medicated pad called a pledget.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
Which foods and drugs can interact dangerously with antibiotics?
In the following list, you'll find the most common and easily avoided sources of adverse drug re...