What if I miss a dose of daptomycin (Cubicin)?

It is unlikely you will miss a dose of daptomycin (Cubicin), as it is usually administered by a healthcare professional in either a hospital or in a home care setting. If you miss a dose or appointment, consult your doctor immediately. Be careful not to double up or overlap the dose, since this could be dangerous and cause unwanted side effects, such as:

• Constipation or diarrhea
  • Headaches
  • Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
  • If you notice unusual or increased sweating
  • Nausea and/or vomiting
  • Redness, pain or swelling at the injection site
  • Stomach pain
  • Unusual weight gain

Severe side effects might also occur. You will be monitored closely for these:

• Dizziness
  • Extreme feelings of exhaustion or tiredness
  • Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
  • Pale skin
  • Mental confusion
  • Muscle weakness or pain
  • Numbness, burning or tingling in the hands or feet
  • Severe diarrhea with bloody or watery bowel movements (may occur up to two months after treatment)
  • Shortness of breath, wheezing or any problems breathing

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...