What happens if I miss a dose of amikacin?

You will most likely receive amikacin in the hospital, so missing a dose will be unusual, and if it happens the nurses will tell the doctor. If you administer it at home and miss a dose of amikacin, administer a dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is close in time to the next dose, do not take the dose that you missed and move on to your next scheduled dose without doubling the doses. Inform your doctor of the missed dose.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...