What happens if I miss a dose of amikacin?

You will most likely receive amikacin in the hospital, so missing a dose will be unusual, and if it happens the nurses will tell the doctor. If you administer it at home and miss a dose of amikacin, administer a dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is close in time to the next dose, do not take the dose that you missed and move on to your next scheduled dose without doubling the doses. Inform your doctor of the missed dose.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
Why are antibiotics prescribed to people with COPD?
Columbia University Department of SurgeryColumbia University Department of Surgery
Antibiotics are frequently used during bronchitic exacerbations to fight bacterial infections due to...