What happens if I miss a dose of sulfadiazine?

If you miss a dose of sulfadiazine, you should try to take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, you should only take that dose. You should never take two doses together. Overdoses of sulfadiazine can cause vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, blackouts, headaches, drowsiness, loss of appetite and dizziness. Avoid missing doses of sulfadiazine. When you skip a dose of this medicine, or do not finish it completely, you allow the bacteria that is causing your infection to grow back.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...