What happens if I miss a dose of sulfadiazine?

If you miss a dose of sulfadiazine, you should try to take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, you should only take that dose. You should never take two doses together. Overdoses of sulfadiazine can cause vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, blackouts, headaches, drowsiness, loss of appetite and dizziness. Avoid missing doses of sulfadiazine. When you skip a dose of this medicine, or do not finish it completely, you allow the bacteria that is causing your infection to grow back.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...
Why must I take antibiotics before seeing the dentist if I have an implant?
James P. Gurtowski, MDJames P. Gurtowski, MD
Antibiotics are important to prevent infection of an orthopaedic implant after dental procedures, be...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...