What is the dosage for Gantrisin Pediatric?

Kirsten Benford
Advanced Practice Nursing

The dose of Gantrisin Pediatric depends on the weight of the patient in kilograms. The first dose is 75 mg/kg. The next doses are 150mg/kg/day divided in 4 doses (about 37.5 mg/kg for each dose).

Gantrisin comes in bottles of 100 mg/ml. For example, a 10 kg infant (about 22 pounds) would be given 1 1/2 tsp for the first dose and 3/4 tsp for the maintenance doses. Gantrisin should not be given to infants under 2 months of age.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...