What should I do if I miss a dose of Dificid?

Dificid (fidaxomicin) is usually taken twice a day. You should take it at about the same time each day—in the morning and in the evening, for example. If you forget to take it and only a few hours have gone by, just take a dose when you remember. However, if it is near the time you are supposed to take your next dose, just skip it and take the next dose as you normally do. Do not take two doses at the same time.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When cold or flu germs infect the nose, the nose makes mucus to help wash the germs away. At fir...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...