What is besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension?

Besifloxacin is the active ingredient in an antibiotic formulated as an ophthalmic suspension (eye drops) under the brand name Besivance. It belongs to the class of drugs known as fluoroquinolones. It is used to treat eye infections caused by susceptible bacteria. It is not effective for non-bacterial eye infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What types of infections can antibiotics treat?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antibiotics are medicines that only treat bacterial infections. Different medicines kill different t...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...