What should I avoid while taking Dificid?

Most people won't have to avoid anything when taking Dificid (fidaxomicin), a prescription antibiotic for the treatment of severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile. You can take the pill with or without food, and you do not need to avoid any specific drug or supplement. However, you should tell your doctor about all other prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs and vitamins or supplements you take when he prescribes Dificid.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...
How do antibiotics work with the body's immune system?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Sometimes the body's immune system is unable to activate itself quickly enough to outpace the reprod...