What should I avoid while taking Dificid?

Most people won't have to avoid anything when taking Dificid (fidaxomicin), a prescription antibiotic for the treatment of severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile. You can take the pill with or without food, and you do not need to avoid any specific drug or supplement. However, you should tell your doctor about all other prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs and vitamins or supplements you take when he prescribes Dificid.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
Ronald G. Glass, DDSRonald G. Glass, DDS
Triple antibiotic agents are usually creams or ointments that contain 3 antimicrobial agents. The id...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...