What should I avoid while taking Dificid?

Most people won't have to avoid anything when taking Dificid (fidaxomicin), a prescription antibiotic for the treatment of severe diarrhea caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile. You can take the pill with or without food, and you do not need to avoid any specific drug or supplement. However, you should tell your doctor about all other prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs and vitamins or supplements you take when he prescribes Dificid.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...