What should I avoid while taking sulfadiazine?

Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how you will react to sulfadiazine. It can cause sensitivity to sunlight so try to avoid prolonged sun exposure. Tell your doctor of all the medications you are taking, including any vitamins or herbal products. Medications that may interfere with sulfadiazine include: probenecid, diuretics, sulfonylureas and other diabetes medications, salicylates, blood thinners and indomethacin. Do not miss doses of sulfadiazine. When you skip a dose of this medicine, or do not finish it completely, you allow the bacteria to grow back and your body begins to form a resistance to the medication.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Mitzi Conover, MDMitzi Conover, MD
Oftentimes, ear infections are treated with antibiotics. It's very common in children under the ...