What should I avoid while taking imipenem and cilastatin?

If you are taking imipenem-cilastatin you should avoid taking ganciclovir, probenecid and penicillins. You should avoid taking any anti-diarrheal medications without consulting your doctor. You may need to avoid pregnancy unless your doctor says it is safe for you to become pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
You should continue taking antibiotics even if you feel better to be sure to kill off all the bacter...