What are the side effects of Macrodantin?

Diarrhea is a relatively common side effect of Macrodantin. It can also indicate the presence of a new infection; so if you experience it, seek medical attention. Nausea and diminished appetite also occur frequently. The most severe side effect that can result from Macrodantin is pulmonary hypersensitivity, which can cause  a variety of lung-related problems. These effects usually only occur after treatment with Macrodantin that lasts for over half a year. Other potentially serious side effects include hepatitis, jaundice and severe neuropathy. Some people experience a lupus-like allergic reaction. Less serious side effects include:

• vaginal itching and discharge
  • constipation
  • dizziness
  • headaches
  • discolored urine

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...