What are the side effects of Macrodantin?

Diarrhea is a relatively common side effect of Macrodantin. It can also indicate the presence of a new infection; so if you experience it, seek medical attention. Nausea and diminished appetite also occur frequently. The most severe side effect that can result from Macrodantin is pulmonary hypersensitivity, which can cause  a variety of lung-related problems. These effects usually only occur after treatment with Macrodantin that lasts for over half a year. Other potentially serious side effects include hepatitis, jaundice and severe neuropathy. Some people experience a lupus-like allergic reaction. Less serious side effects include:

• vaginal itching and discharge
  • constipation
  • dizziness
  • headaches
  • discolored urine

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...