What are the side effects of Ketek?

The most significant side effect of Ketek is liver damage. Symptoms of liver damage include: jaundice, discolored stool or urine, abdominal pain, fever and diminished appetite. You should call a doctor immediately if you experience any of these effects. Other serious side effects include: diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, vision problems, muscle pain, weakness, problems swallowing and lack of coordination. Ketek also can cause nausea, vaginal itching or discharge, headaches and dizziness.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Why should I continue taking antibiotics even if I feel better?
Cynthia Kubas , NASM Elite TrainerCynthia Kubas , NASM Elite Trainer
Microorganisms multiply rapidly, and as the "parent" microbes are exposed to the antibiotic in your ...
How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...