What are the side effects of Ketek?

The most significant side effect of Ketek is liver damage. Symptoms of liver damage include: jaundice, discolored stool or urine, abdominal pain, fever and diminished appetite. You should call a doctor immediately if you experience any of these effects. Other serious side effects include: diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, vision problems, muscle pain, weakness, problems swallowing and lack of coordination. Ketek also can cause nausea, vaginal itching or discharge, headaches and dizziness.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics for a viral infection?
Antibiotics should not be given for viral infections. Antibiotics are effective against bacteria...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...