What are the side effects of Cleocin T?

The use of Cleocin T may cause burning, itching, dryness, peeling, erythema, oily skin or redness of the skin for some people. Although little is expected to be absorbed into the bloodstream, side effects like stomach pain and gastrointestinal disturbances may happen. On rare occasions, an intestinal condition may result from presence of a resistant bacteria while using the drug, or even weeks to months after you have stopped using it. Tell your doctor immediately if you develop persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain or cramping or if your stools have blood or mucus in them. Also, this drug could cause a problem if you are allergic to lincomycin. Although unlikely, if you find you have a severe reaction to the drug, seek medical help immediately. The following could be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction: rash, trouble breathing, severe dizziness, itching or swelling of the face, throat or tongue.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...