What are the side effects of Cleocin T?

The use of Cleocin T may cause burning, itching, dryness, peeling, erythema, oily skin or redness of the skin for some people. Although little is expected to be absorbed into the bloodstream, side effects like stomach pain and gastrointestinal disturbances may happen. On rare occasions, an intestinal condition may result from presence of a resistant bacteria while using the drug, or even weeks to months after you have stopped using it. Tell your doctor immediately if you develop persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain or cramping or if your stools have blood or mucus in them. Also, this drug could cause a problem if you are allergic to lincomycin. Although unlikely, if you find you have a severe reaction to the drug, seek medical help immediately. The following could be symptoms of a severe allergic reaction: rash, trouble breathing, severe dizziness, itching or swelling of the face, throat or tongue.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
How does antibiotic resistance affect healthcare costs?
Antibiotic resistance is an economic burden on the entire healthcare system. Resistant infections co...
What foods should I avoid if I take antibiotics?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take quinolones (antibiotics) such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxac...