How does tigecycline interact with other medications?

Combining warfarin with tigecycline may increase the concentration and risk of side effects of warfarin. Cyclosporine concentrations and the risk of side effects also may be increased if taken at the same time as tigecycline. It decreases effectiveness of oral contraceptives. To prevent pregnancy, an alternative method of birth control should be utilized when taking tigecycline. If you experience severe diarrhea, do not self-treat the condition with any medication. Contact your doctor for instructions.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?
There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. H...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...