How does tigecycline interact with other medications?

Combining warfarin with tigecycline may increase the concentration and risk of side effects of warfarin. Cyclosporine concentrations and the risk of side effects also may be increased if taken at the same time as tigecycline. It decreases effectiveness of oral contraceptives. To prevent pregnancy, an alternative method of birth control should be utilized when taking tigecycline. If you experience severe diarrhea, do not self-treat the condition with any medication. Contact your doctor for instructions.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Can antibiotics treat a viral infection?
In general, antibiotics are useless against viral illnesses. Viruses cause many of the most comm...
How were antibiotics discovered?
It is unlikely that anyone alive today can remember what life was like before antibiotics. It was a ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...