What is ticarcillin disodium/clavulanate potassium (Timentin)?

Ticarcillin disodium/clavulanate potassium (brand name Timentin) is a penicillin antibiotic that combines a synthetic version of the antibiotic with a potassium salt, clavulanate acid. It is formulated for intravenous administration or injection. The medication is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that treats many different types of bacterial infections, including pneumonia, and infections of the blood, bones, gynecological system, joints, respiratory system, skin, stomach, and urinary tract. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...