What is ticarcillin disodium/clavulanate potassium (Timentin)?

Ticarcillin disodium/clavulanate potassium (brand name Timentin) is a penicillin antibiotic that combines a synthetic version of the antibiotic with a potassium salt, clavulanate acid. It is formulated for intravenous administration or injection. The medication is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that treats many different types of bacterial infections, including pneumonia, and infections of the blood, bones, gynecological system, joints, respiratory system, skin, stomach, and urinary tract. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How effective are antibiotics?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
This is a very broad question so you can provide me with some specifics. An antibiotic is effective ...
Does my child need antibiotics for his runny nose?
With a runny nose, antibiotics are needed only if your healthcare provider tells you that your child...