Will ticarcillin-clavulanate affect my other health problems?

If you have diabetes, you will have to check your urine for sugar regularly while taking ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin). It's important that you don't use the tablets called Clinitest, because this might create false positive blood sugar results while taking ticarcillin-clavulanate. Instead use TesTape or Clinistix.

Also let your doctor know if you've ever had asthma or hay fever; any kidney or liver problems, or gastrointestinal problems like colitis. Your gastrointestinal (GI) system are the organs that help you digest food, including your gallbladder and stomach.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...