What are the side effects of Tobrex?

Common side effects of Tobrex include: stinging, irritation, itching, redness, blurred vision, itching or swelling of the eyelid, light sensitivity and a burning sensation in the eye. Another side effect is causing another infection, called superinfection. Tobrex is an ophthalmic antibiotic ointment or solution used to treat bacterial eye infections.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
How do antibiotics work?
Each type of antibiotic targets a specific aspect of a bacteria's life by interfering with either th...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...